About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The collection contains articles on topical issues of geotechnics, the results of studies of the interaction of elements of the system "base - foundation - above ground structures", the influence of seismic or other dynamic loads, foundations on weak soils, foundations of deep laying, retaining structural structures, restraining structural structures. determination of soil parameters by field and laboratory methods. Other issues of geotechnics and foundation are also covered.
The collection is designed for scientific and engineering staff of research, design and construction organizations.
Peer Review Process
The interdepartmental scientific and technical compilation "Fundamentals and Foundations" publishes original, previously unpublished articles after review and acceptance for publication. Only articles related to the topic of the collection are accepted for review.
The procedure for reviewing articles submitted to the Fundamentals and Foundations is based on the following rules:
1. Particular attention shall be paid to the following aspects:
- the importance of the topic of the article, its relevance to the theme of the collection "Fundamentals and Foundations", as well as the relevance of the title and abstract of the content of the article;
- clarity of the text of the article, interpretation of the facts and substantiation of the conclusions;
- approach to the facts, style of the article and adherence to the editorial requirements of the collection "Fundamentals and Foundations";
- the significance of the figures and tables included, as well as the competence to cite literature.
2. At least two independent reviewers from a research institution other than the one presented by the authors review each article.
3. Reviewers are selected in accordance with their competence on the topic of the article submitted for publication. The following relationships are unacceptable between reviewers and authors:
a) close personal relationships (family relationships, legal relationships or conflicts);
b) relations of the chief-employee,
c) direct scientific cooperation within two years prior to the submission of the article.
4. As a result of reviewing the article comes to a clear decision on acceptance of the article for publication:
a) without correction;
b) with minor patches that do not need to be revised;
c) major corrections, after which the document must be revisited, or it is recommended that the document be rejected.
5. The author (s) shall be informed of the results and content of the review, as well as of the decisions of the reviewers, without the names of the reviewers being disclosed.
Based on the results of peer-reviewed articles, written responses to them, and a corrected version of the article submitted by the author, the editor decides whether to publish or reject the document in the Basics and Foundations collection.
Periodicity of the journal: twice a year.
Open Access Policy
This journal practices a policy of immediate open access to published content, supporting the principles of the free dissemination of scientific information and the global exchange of knowledge for the sake of general social progress.
Boyko Igor - Dr.Sci.Tech, professor, Head of the Department of Geotechnics of KNUCA (editor in chief).
Pidlutskyi Vasyl - Ph.D., docent, Assistant Professor of the Department of Geotechnics of KNUCA (executive secretary).
Members of the editorial board:
Vynnykov Yuriy - Dr.Sci.Tech, professor, Professor of the Department of Oil and Gas Extraction and Geotechnics of National University «Yuri Kondratyuk Poltava Polytechnic».
Voloshkina Elena - Dr.Sci.Tech, professor, Head of the Department of Labor Protection and Environment of KNUСA.
Doubrovsky Michael - Dr.Sci.Tech, professor, Head of the department sea, summer ports, waterways and their technical operation ONMU.
Zotcenko Mykola - Dr.Sci.Tech, professor, Head of the Department of Oil and Gas Extraction and Geotechnics of National University «Yuri Kondratyuk Poltava Polytechnic».
Kornienko Mykola - Ph.D., professor, Professor of the Department of Geotechnics of KNUCA.
Sakharov Volodymyr - Dr.Sci.Tech, professor, Professor of the Department of Structural Mechanics of the Institute of Civil Engineering of Zelenogorskyi University.
Sakharov Oleksandr - Dr.Sci.Tech, professor, Professor of the Department of Chemical, Polymer and Silicate Mechanical Engineering of NTU «KPI».
Sedin Volodymyr - Dr.Sci.Tech, professor, Head of the Department of Bases and Foundations of PSACEA.
Trofymchuk Oleksandr - Dr.Sci.Tech, professor, Director of the Institute of Telecommunications and Global Information Space.
Szajna Waldemar – Dr.Sci.Tech, professor, Dean of the Faculty of Civil Engineering, Architecture and Environment, Head of the Department of Construction Technologies, Geotechnics and Geodesy of the Zelenogorskyi University.
Katzenbach Rolf – Dr.Sci.Tech, professor, president of the Katzenbach GmbH, Darmstadt, Germany, 64293.